Hollywood Hill Bylaws
As of November 1, 2001
By-laws of Hollywood Hill Association, Inc.
ARTICLE I: DISTRICT
The boundaries which this organization is intended to serve are as follows:
The area bounded on the north by N.E. 175th Street, on the west by 140th Place N.E., on the south by N.E. 132nd Street, and on the east by176th Ave. NE, and those properties along the north side of N.E.175th Street.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
Membership in this corporation shall be:
Section 1. Voting Members
- All persons are eligible to become voting members of this corporation who are owners of property or reside in the district described above and who pay, as required herein, prescribed annual membership fees and assessments. To be a voting member, registration with the secretary is required.
- Each paid membership shall entitle a maximum of two heads of each household to vote.
- The Board of Trustees will consider the application of each prospective new member under this section, and if the candidate is found eligible, will request the secretary to place the name of the candidate on the membership roll following his fulfilling the obligations for membership as set forth herein.
Section 2. Non-Voting Affiliate Members
- All persons who are not residents or owners of property in the above-described district and who are otherwise affiliated with this corporation shall be eligible for membership under this section, but shall not be entitled to any voting rights.
- No dues or assessments are required for membership under this section.
ARTICLE III: DUES AND ASSESSMENTS
Section 1. Membership dues shall be set at a reasonable level by the Board of Trustees each calendar year (January 1 through December 31).
Section 2. Dues are payable within 30 days of the mailing of the first newsletter of the calendar year. Until that time, all members who have paid for the previous year are considered paid members. Dues may also be paid any time prior to the mailing of the first newsletter of the calendar year.
Section 3. Members joining at any point in the year will be charged the full amount of the dues. New members who join on or after October 1 of any year will have their dues applied to the remainder of the current calendar year, and for the following calendar year.
Section 4. Previous members who have permitted their dues to lapse or who have voluntarily terminated may be reinstated upon payment of dues for the current calendar year and assessments which have accrued during the preceding twelve (12) months.
Section 5. Sections 1, 2, 3, and 4, of ARTICLE III can be modified at the discretion of the Board of Trustees where exception cases of hardship are concerned.
ARTICLE IV: MANAGEMENT
Section 1. The business and the property of the corporation shall be managed by a board of nine (9) trustees.
Section 2. The Board of Trustees shall be elected by a majority of the votes cast at the Annual Membership Meeting. Votes may be cast either in person or through the mail. If the board should deem it necessary, a complete election may be conducted by mail.
Section 3. Certain of the trustees shall also act as the following officers of the corporation:
And shall be known as officer-trustees. The President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be nominated from among those currently serving as or running for trustees and shall be elected as provided in Section 2.
Section 4. The President-Trustee, Secretary-Trustee and Treasurer-Trustee shall each be elected for a term of 1 year.
Section 5. Trustees shall be elected for two (2) year terms to replace those trustees whose terms are expiring.
Section 6. By adopting these by-laws, the initial trustees listed in the Articles of Incorporation hereby nominate for the above offices those persons currently acting as trustees and officer-trustees and who were elected by the Hollywood Hill Club prior to incorporation, and further nominate such other persons as shall be designated by the acting trustees and officer-trustees as needed to fill vacancies. Such nominees shall be voted upon by special election to be conducted by mail during January 1977 and shall hold office only until the first annual meeting in September 1977.
Section 7. The Board of Trustees shall hold regular meetings and such special meetings as the Board of Trustees shall deem necessary for competent management of the affairs of the corporation.
Section 8. Each member of the Board of Trustees shall possess one vote on matters coming before the Board. A majority of the trustees holding office shall constitute a quorum.
Section 9. Any vacancy occurring on the Board of Trustees by reason of death, resignation, or removal shall be filled by appointment by the remaining trustees. Such appointee shall serve during the unexpired term of the trustee whose position has become vacant.
ARTICLE V: DUTIES OF OFFICERS AND TRUSTEES
Section 1. The duties of the president shall be to preside at all meeting of this corporation; to appoint and remove chairmen of all committees excepting those provided by these by-laws or chosen by the membership upon majority vote at a regular meeting or a duly authorized special meeting; to issue a call for all special meetings; to co-sign authorized orders upon the treasury for payment of money; to sign all papers or documents approved by the corporation, which may require his signature; and, generally to do and perform such duties as are usually vested in the office of president.
Section 2. The vice-president shall act as aid to the president and shall perform the duties of the president in his absence.
Section 3. The secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the club and shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to the office by the president.
Section 4. The duties of the Treasurer shall be:
- The treasurer shall receive and deposit in a bank checking account all monies of the organization, of which he is to be the custodian, keeping an accurate account of the same, and shall not disburse any monies except for expenditures that have been approved by the Board of Trustees. Upon approval of the Board of Trustees, a petty cash fund may be maintained by the treasurer in manner and within the limits specified by the Board of Trustees.
- The treasurer will perform a detailed accounting twice annually and shall render a final report following each such accounting. Such a detailed accounting may also be obtainable by a majority vote of the membership.
- The Board of Trustees may authorize an independent audit of the corporation books at any time.
- The secretary, treasurer or president must sign all checks with the exception that the vice-president, as an alternate, may sign in the absence of the president.
- The books of the treasurer shall be open for inspection at all time by any member of the club.
- A simple method of bookkeeping shall be the responsibility of the treasurer.
- The treasurer shall publish annually a roster of active members.
- The treasurer shall be responsible for preparing (or having prepared) and filing all State and Federal tax statements and State corporation fees.
- The secretary and treasurer may be bonded.
Section 5. At any meeting of the Board of Trustees a quorum shall consist of a majority of the trustees then in office.
ARTICLE VI: MEETINGS
Section 1. The Annual Membership Meeting will be held each year between September 1 and December 1. Those voting by mail shall be counted for the purpose of obtaining a quorum. The general membership must receive written or personal notification of such a meeting at least seven (7) days prior to such a meeting.
Section 2. Special membership meetings may be called by a majority vote of the Board of Trustees, by the President and two other members of the Board of Trustees, or by the petition of 25% of the membership made to the Board of Trustees. The general membership must receive personal or written notification of such a meeting at least seven (7) days prior to such a meeting.
Section 3. Business meetings shall be conducted under the generally accepted rules of order.
Section 4. The annual membership meeting shall include a written or verbal treasurers report.
Section 5. Regular Business Meetings will be held monthly by the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees may vote to bypass a monthly business meeting. Additional special business meetings may be called by the President or any 4 members of the board.
Section 6. Social meetings may be held at such a time and in such manner as the group may desire, but at no cost to the corporation treasury, unless authorized by the Board of Trustees.
ARTICLE VII: COMMITTEES
Section 1. All committee chairmen shall be appointed by the president and approved by the Board of Trustees and at the time of appointment will be designated as a standing or special committee.
ARTICLE VIII: AMENDMENTS
Section 1. Amendments to the By-laws shall be approved by a majority of the votes cast. Votes may be cast either in person or through the mail. If the board should deem it necessary, a complete election may be conducted by mail.
Section 2. Amendments to the By-laws may be voted on at any regular or special meeting of the general membership provided that personal or written notice of the intended changes to the By-laws have been given at least seven (7) days prior to the subject meeting.
ARTICLE IX: HOLLYWOOD HILL 10 ACRES
Section 1. The 10 acres owned by the Hollywood Hill Association is to be used as a forested buffer between the boundaries of the Hollywood Hill Association and the development to the east of the 10 acres. Development within the 10 acres is limited to soft surface pathways and small scale picnic areas. The Board of Directors may not sell or relinquish ownership of these 10 acres or any part of these 10 acres without a majority vote of the membership of the Hollywood Hill Association.